‘Tis the season for all things yummy and sweet (and healthy, of course!)
It’s time to gather the troops (aka your family) and have some holiday fun in the kitchen, together. This is a tradition I love doing with my family almost every year. We gather in the kitchen, cook and bake some holiday treats, and use that as time to bond and create memories together.
So I thought I’d share some of our family-favs that you can try with your family this holiday season!
1. Peanut Butter Marshmallow Krispie Bites
Craving something sweet and crispy? Look no further than these delicious Peanut Butter Marshmallow Krispie Bites. With just a few simple ingredients and 15 minutes of your time, you can whip up a batch of these customizable treats. Swap out the Rice Krispies for your fave cereal, go for milk or dark chocolate, or get creative with your choice of toppings. It's the perfect recipe for the kiddos to help out with, and they'll love munching on these tasty bites.
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup salted peanuts
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the white baking chips. Stir until smooth.
2. Stir in the creamy peanut butter until well-blended.
3. Add the miniature marshmallows, Rice Krispies, and salted peanuts to the bowl and mix until everything is evenly coated.
4. Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
5. Let the cookies cool completely.
6. Store the cookies in an airtight container to keep them fresh. Enjoy!
2. Fruit and Cheese Kabobs with Cinnamon Cream
Fruit and cheese kabobs are the ultimate in easy, healthy, and family-friendly desserts. They're great for the holidays, picnics, and any other occasion that calls for something sweet and tasty. Just remember to remind your children to be careful with the pointy end of the stick. Feel free to mix and match your favorite fruits and cheeses to create your own unique kabob creations.
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 8 ounces cubed cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, or a combination of cheeses
1. In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dip.
2. Thread the strawberries, grapes, and cheese cubes onto 12 wooden skewers, alternating the different ingredients.
3. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
3. No-Bake Nutella Cream Cheese Thumbprints
Craving dessert but don't want to turn on the oven? No problem! These No-Bake Nutella Cream Cheese Thumbprints are the perfect mix of crunchy and chocolatey goodness, and they're super easy to make. Plus, the kids will love helping out and taste-testing along the way. It's the perfect no-bake treat for any occasion.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted
1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, melted chocolate chips, and Nutella until well-blended.
2. Stir in the cracker crumbs, then refrigerate the mixture until it's firm enough to roll into balls.
3. Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls, then roll them in chopped hazelnuts.
4. Use the end of a wooden spoon handle to make an indentation in the center of each ball, and fill it with a hazelnut.
5. Store the thumbprints between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!